At least 25 people have been arrested in connection with sabotage, theft and fraud at Eskom. News24 reports that crimes against the national grid prompted government to deploy soldiers at various power stations. Staying on this, Government says work is underway to improve the performance of several power stations, in a bid to reduce stages of blackouts.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised