The 15th graduation ceremony of the Namibia Command and Staff College took place on Thursday, with 26 student officers graduating with a Diploma in Military Science. The Namibia press agency reports that with only 6 of the 26 graduates being female, but with one of them having been awarded best academic student of the group, Minister of Defence and Veterans Affairs, Frans Kapofi said the number of female officers should be increased in future courses. Kapofi also encouraged the graduates to effectively apply the skills and knowledge they acquired during the course in order to bring about organisational competence.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops