Statistics South Africa has released the latest unemployment data, which showed a record rate of joblessness. News24 reports that South Africa’s official unemployment rate increased by 0.4 of a percentage point to 35.3% in the fourth quarter of 2021 – the highest since the start of the Quarterly Labour Force Survey in 2008. The number of employed persons increased to 14.5 million, while the number of unemployed persons also increased to 7.9 million.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500