Absa says it is expecting the fifth wave of Covid-19 infections to emerge as soon as next month. New daily Covid-19 infections in South Africa are currently below 1 000 a day, and there have been no new deaths recorded in the official tally in the past two days. News24 reports that the country is waiting for President Cyril Ramaphosa to announce new Covid-19 regulations as he’s alluded to a possible end to the State of National Disaster, amid calls for mask regulations to be dropped outdoors and temperature checks to be scrapped.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho