UN experts say the US freezing of Afghan assets is worsening the situation of women in the country. Access to the country’s money in the US has been cut off since the Taliban returned to power in August 2021. Sarah Walton has more.
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho
- Namibia, Botswana border post slows logistics industry