AfriForum says it’s not convinced that Economic Freedom Fighter leader Julius Malema and his party claim that they can’t afford the R500,000 fine that the lobby group is asking they be slapped with for singing ‘Kill the Boer’. The group brought a hate speech case against the EFF over its use of the controversial song “Dubul’ Ibhunu” – which translates to “shoot the Boer”. Eyewitness News reports that the closing arguments in the case took place in the Equality Court on Monday.
- EU adds 8 individuals to list of sanctions from DRC
- Windhoek resident assured veld fires are under control
- Zambia urged to strike debt restructuring deal with international creditors
- Ghana’s finance minister survives vote of no confidence
- African National Congress Integrity Commission to deliver Phala Phala report