The acting director of the Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, said outbreaks of monkeypox had been seen in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Cameroon, and the Central African Republic during the COVID pandemic but that they been had contained “under the radar”. The fact that a handful of cases of the virus, which causes fever symptoms and a distinctive bumpy rash, have now been reported or are suspected in the United Kingdom, Portugal, Spain, and the United States, is concerning Al Jazeera quotes him as saying, adding that “it would be very useful for knowledge to be shared regarding what the source of these outbreaks actually are”.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised