African countries have had to contend with wealthy nations pledging partnership, solidarity, and cooperation, but at the same time acting in a way that holds back the continent’s recovery from the pandemic, writes South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa in his weekly newsletter. News24 reports that Ramaphosa said Africa welcomes the help that EU countries continue to provide towards the continent’s sustainable development in a way that develops capabilities and brings the continent closer to self-reliance.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera