African countries have had to contend with wealthy nations pledging partnership, solidarity, and cooperation, but at the same time acting in a way that holds back the continent’s recovery from the pandemic, writes South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa in his weekly newsletter. News24 reports that Ramaphosa said Africa welcomes the help that EU countries continue to provide towards the continent’s sustainable development in a way that develops capabilities and brings the continent closer to self-reliance.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho