A new survey suggests that two-thirds of young African people are not optimistic about the direction of their country or continent – but remain positive about their personal futures. Researchers conducted more than 4,000 face-to-face interviews across 15 countries for the African Youth Survey. The BBC reports that more than half said they wanted to emigrate in the next few years, while nearly 80% planned to start their own business. Their suggestion is that governments prioritize creating well-paid jobs, reduce corruption and fight climate change to help the continent progress.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised