There is growing pressure on countries across Africa to buy Covid-19 vaccines from South Africa’s Aspen Pharmacare, the first company to produce the vaccines on the continent. The BBC reports that it follows warnings from the company that it may have to stop producing Covid vaccines. The head of the continent’s leading public health body, the Africa CDC, is now urging Covax to buy from the plant. Meanwhile, just 15% of adults in Africa were fully vaccinated in March, according to figures from the WHO.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops