Slovakia’s Transport Authority said it had issued a certificate of airworthiness for flying car model AirCar, the first step towards commercial production of the invention. The AFP reports that AirCar completed its first intercity flight in June 2021. The vehicle is powered by a 1.6-liter BMW engine and needs a runway only 300 meters long to take off. It has a flight speed of up to 170 kilometers per hour and a flying distance of 1,000 kilometers. The process of transforming from car to plane takes less than three minutes.
- Violence against children continues unabated
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market