An air strike by the Nigerian army targeting ‘bandits’ has left seven children dead and five others wounded “by mistake” in the Maradi region of southern Niger, a local governor told the AFP news agency on Sunday. According to the governor, “the parents were attending a ceremony and the children were probably playing when the strikes” hit them. He believes the planes were targeting “armed bandits” in the border areas, but “missed their target” hitting Nachade instead.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency