UN development experts warned on Friday that the fighting in Ukraine has introduced significant and worrying new risks likely to heavily impact Africa. Ahunna Eziakonwa, Director of the UN Development Programme’s Africa bureau, said that the COVID-19 pandemic had already created “immense discontent” across the continent. Meanwhile, the UNDP’s senior Africa economist described the situation as an “unprecedented crisis for the continent, he explained that Africa is facing a trifecta of “ongoing effects of COVID…newly felt effects of the Russia-Ukraine war and…climate-related challenges and pressures”.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops