At least 15 people have died in Mozambique as a result of the tropical storm Ana, relief authorities say. The weather phenomenon which started on Monday in the northern region has left a trail of destruction to public and private property, including homes, hospitals, schools, electricity pylons, and bridges. The BBC reports that although the tropical storm has dissipated, meteorologists say heavy rains, strong winds and thunderstorms will continue in the central and northern regions.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho