At least 15 people have died in Mozambique as a result of the tropical storm Ana, relief authorities say. The weather phenomenon which started on Monday in the northern region has left a trail of destruction to public and private property, including homes, hospitals, schools, electricity pylons, and bridges. The BBC reports that although the tropical storm has dissipated, meteorologists say heavy rains, strong winds and thunderstorms will continue in the central and northern regions.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism