Political Analyst, Dr. Gerson Sindano, said outsourcing the green schemes in the two Kavango regions to private investors is an intellectual insult to local farmers or investors in the area. Sindano made the observation on the sidelines of the Kavango East Region Governor, Bonny Wakudumo’s State of the Region Address yesterday. The Namibia Press Agency reports that the Minister of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform, Calle Schlettwein, told investors in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates earlier this year that the government will in June this year issue a request for a proposal to lease 11 green schemes. Sindano said issues of agriculture have to do with policy shifts, before stating that the country’s policies make it difficult for local farmers or agriculturalists to produce massively.
- EU adds 8 individuals to list of sanctions from DRC
- Windhoek resident assured veld fires are under control
- Zambia urged to strike debt restructuring deal with international creditors
- Ghana’s finance minister survives vote of no confidence
- African National Congress Integrity Commission to deliver Phala Phala report