In the midst of growing tension between South Africans and migrant workers, the African National Congress national executive committee lekgotla has resolved to lead the debate on immigration. Eyewitness News reports that ANC president, Cyril Ramaphosa, said the party would ensure that discussions were held in line with the principles of Pan-Africanism. The ANC’s NEC lekgotla took place over the weekend, off the back of political parties taking it upon themselves to inspect shops and restaurants in the country, in a bid to investigate how many non-South Africans had been hired.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho