In the midst of growing tension between South Africans and migrant workers, the African National Congress national executive committee lekgotla has resolved to lead the debate on immigration. Eyewitness News reports that ANC president, Cyril Ramaphosa, said the party would ensure that discussions were held in line with the principles of Pan-Africanism. The ANC’s NEC lekgotla took place over the weekend, off the back of political parties taking it upon themselves to inspect shops and restaurants in the country, in a bid to investigate how many non-South Africans had been hired.
- Economist says Africa only has economic power as a unit
- Dr. Hoze Riruako new Ovaherero Paramount Chief
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country