Angola raised 850 billion kwanzas with the sale of 73 assets under the country’s Privatization Program, Angolan Secretary of State for Finance and Treasury Ottonil dos Santos said. During an assessment session, dos Santos said Angola is expected to privatize 15 assets, of which 11 are industrial units and two are financial institutions, during the first quarter of 2022. The program is in line with the country’s 2018-2022 National Development Program and falls within the scope of the Public Finance Reform, with a view to promoting macroeconomic stability, increasing the productivity of the national economy, and achieving a more equitable distribution of national income.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho