The Western Cape High Court in South Africa has dismissed an application for leave to appeal the challenge halting the River Club development in Observatory, Cape Town. News24 reports that the development was expected to cost roughly R4 billion, with project plans that included residential, retail and commercial components, a hotel, offices, a conference centre, and schools. Twenty percent of the development would have been allocated for residential use, with one fifth dedicated to developer-subsidised inclusionary housing and it would have also included Amazon’s new African headquarters.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho