Police in South Africa have arrested at least 12 people over the looting of business premises in the flood-hit coastal province of KwaZulu Natal, local outlets report. On Tuesday, KwaZulu Natal premier Sihle Zikalala condemned the looting of shipping containers that had washed up to a major highway following the heavy rains. Zikalala warned that criminals will not be allowed to take advantage of the havoc.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho