The International Atomic Energy Agency expressed “grave concern” Thursday over the situation at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant amid Russia’s military intervention in Ukraine. This, the Anadalu News Agency reports, after Kyiv lost control of the plant after a fierce battle with Russian forces. The condition of the plant’s facilities, a confinement shelter, and a repository for nuclear waste is unknown but Al Jazeera quotes a former adviser to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, as saying the threat to Europe from the incapacitated nuclear facility needs to be taken extremely seriously.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500