The head of the African Union, Senegalese President Macky Sall, will meet with President Vladimir Putin in the Russian city of Sochi tomorrow to discuss the food crisis caused by the war in Ukraine. President Sall’s office said the visit was aimed at freeing up stocks of cereals and fertilizers that are currently blocked in Ukrainian ports. They say African countries have been particularly affected by the price increases caused by the war.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid