The head of the African Union, Senegalese President Macky Sall, will meet with President Vladimir Putin in the Russian city of Sochi tomorrow to discuss the food crisis caused by the war in Ukraine. President Sall’s office said the visit was aimed at freeing up stocks of cereals and fertilizers that are currently blocked in Ukrainian ports. They say African countries have been particularly affected by the price increases caused by the war.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised