Africa should seize the fast-developing digital market space so as to boost access to goods and services across the continent, Monique Nsanzabaganwa, deputy chairperson of the African Union Commission, said Tuesday. The AU Commission deputy chief made the remarks as the African continent joined the global community in commemorating the 39th World Consumer Rights Day annually marked on March 15 under the theme ‘Fair Digital Finance.’ Nsanzabaganwa noted that the African continent is home to a growing number of digital financial services deployments.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho