The allocation of development budgets for each region of the country should be informed by available official statistics as this will lead to equity and fairness and achieved shared prosperity for the entire country, says Kavango West Region Governor, Sirkka Ausiku. The Namibia press agency reports that, delivering the annual State of the Region address, Ausiku said that while the region appreciates the positive response from the government in addressing their highlighted challenges, this is not happening at a fast enough pace.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid