The Bank of Namibia is investigating the viability of a Central Bank Digital Currency in line with its newly launched strategy that advocates for the modernization of the financial system. A CBDC is a form of electronic money issued by a country’s central bank and can be used to store value and for transactional purposes.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho