Belgium’s King Philippe and Queen Mathilde on Tuesday are to begin a seven-day visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo at the invitation of President Félix Tshisekedi. BBC Africa reports that it will be King Philippe’s first visit to the country since ascending to the throne in 2013. The royals will be accompanied by Belgian government ministers. In June 2020, King Philippe expressed his “deepest regrets” to the Democratic Republic of Congo for his country’s colonial abuses.
- President Hage Geingob calls on Swapo party members to gear up for 2024 elections
- South African coal exporter, Thungela Resources, up for full-year profit double
- South Africa working on decriminalizing sex work
- Nigerian general dismisses secret army mass abortion programme
- Nedbank Desert Dash cyclists prep for long ride