President-elect Joe Biden criticised President Donald Trump’s stewardship of the US’s foreign policy and national security apparatus, saying “many of those agencies that are critical to [the country’s] security have incurred enormous damage”. Al Jazeera reports that arguing against Trump’s “America First” philosophy and insisting that the US needs global alliances to deal with issues including the coronavirus pandemic, climate change and dealing with Russia and China, Biden said that the weakening of the institutions and alliances “makes it harder to protect the American people”.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria