Joe Biden has taken a marginal lead in Georgia. A win in the state would put him just one vote shy of the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, and he currently leads in Arizona and Nevada, and has gained on Trump in Pennsylvania. But Georgia could also be crucial for control of the Senate. The BBC reports that democrats had hoped to take enough seats to gain control of the upper chamber of Congress at the election but struggled, with many Republican incumbents managing to hold on.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria