Due to increased usage in hospitals, coupled with low collections in recent weeks, blood stocks in Namibia have dropped to 2 days stock only, with group O the most affected. Faced with this critical situation the Blood Transfusion Service of Namibia is appealing to all donors especially those with type O blood, to donate to help save the lives of patients such as mothers who bleed excessively during childbirth, cancer patients as part of their treatment, patients who are involved in trauma incidents, and those who require various surgeries, among others. Potential donors should be between the ages of 16 – 65, weigh more than 50kg’s, be medically healthy, and lead a safe lifestyle. For more information visit their Facebook page.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops