Kenyan police said Wednesday they have launched an investigation after badly decomposed bodies, some of which bore signs of torture, were found in a river.A Kenyan rights group said it counted 21 unidentified bodies – all men – in a hospital morgue that workers there said had been retrieved from the River Yala in a scenic area of western Kenya. The AFP news agency reports that cases of enforced disappearances, sometimes blamed on the police and security services, are not uncommon in Kenya, and incidents of extrajudicial killings are also rife.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho