The Bank of Namibia has released its Economic Outlook Update for February 2022, predicting growth in the domestic economy of 3.4 percent in 2022, and further improvements in 2023. The projected improvement, they say, will be supported by the mining industry and most of the industries in the tertiary sector. Risks to domestic growth remain dominated by the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic along with high prices for energy products such as fuel and gas as well as supply disruptions around the world and breaks in the rainfall pattern that might have a negative impact on agriculture.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho