Britain’s railway network faces its biggest strike action in more than three decades later this month in a row over pay as inflation erodes earnings. The UK government’s urging talks to avoid rail strikes that could cause major disruption later this month. UK cabinet minister Sajid Javid says it’s the wrong way to address the dispute.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised