Britain’s railway network faces its biggest strike action in more than three decades later this month in a row over pay as inflation erodes earnings. The UK government’s urging talks to avoid rail strikes that could cause major disruption later this month. UK cabinet minister Sajid Javid says it’s the wrong way to address the dispute.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid