Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has directed all members of his cabinet who nurse political ambitions to resign their current appointments, according to the country’s information minister. Al Jazeera reports that at least five members of the cabinet are seeking to succeed Buhari, whose second term in office ends in 2023, including the country’s Transport and Labour Ministers. Nigeria’s Information Minister said though that the instruction excludes Vice President Yemi Osinbajo because he was elected alongside Buhari.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho