While Namibians are still being encouraged to buy locally produced goods and services through the ‘Buy Local Grow Local’ campaign, four partners, including Brand Africa yesterday announced the launch of the #BuyAfricaBuildAfrica initiative which aims to promote pride in Africa, enhance awareness of local brands, and encourage patronage of African ideas, goods and services. This as it was revealed in the recent Brand Africa 100: Africa’s Best Brands survey and rankings, that African brands make up only 13% of the Top 100 brands Africans admire even though 63% of African respondents said they prefer to buy African brands whenever possible.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria