In an update to yesterday’s story, the peaceful demonstration planned by workers of the Cheetah Cement Factory outside Otjiwarongo over wage negotiations that had deadlocked was put on hold after the Otjozondjupa Governor intervened. This as Mineworkers Union of Namibia representatives told the Namibia press agency that they postponed the demonstration indefinitely after they talked to the Governor, who asked them for a briefing on the outcome of a meeting MUN held with the management of the cement factory on Monday. “Since we did not officially brief him, we saw it necessary to postpone the demonstration to brief him accordingly,” MUN said.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid