In an update to yesterday’s story, the peaceful demonstration planned by workers of the Cheetah Cement Factory outside Otjiwarongo over wage negotiations that had deadlocked was put on hold after the Otjozondjupa Governor intervened. This as Mineworkers Union of Namibia representatives told the Namibia press agency that they postponed the demonstration indefinitely after they talked to the Governor, who asked them for a briefing on the outcome of a meeting MUN held with the management of the cement factory on Monday. “Since we did not officially brief him, we saw it necessary to postpone the demonstration to brief him accordingly,” MUN said.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised