Speaking at the China-Horn of Africa Conference on Security, Governance and Development, China’s first special envoy for the Horn of Africa said his country was prepared to play the role of mediator to resolve disputes in the region. The AFP news agency reports that, insisting that it was important to “respect countries’ sovereignty and territorial integrity, refrain from interfering in other countries’ internal affairs… [and] reject abuse of unilateral sanctions,” Xue Bing said “China is convinced that countries in the Horn have… (the ability)… to resolve differences through dialogue and consultations”.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised