A top Chinese diplomat for Africa has condemned a racist video exposed by the BBC’s Africa Eye investigation. The video showed black children in Malawi being made to read out derogatory statements about themselves in Mandarin. Wu Peng, director-general in the Department of African Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs China, said his country was against discrimination.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised