Minister of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform, Calle Schlettwein on Saturday officially inaugurated the Kuiseb Collector 2 Schwarzekuppe-Swakopmund pipeline. The pipeline, the Namibia press agency reports, interlinks three available water sources at the coastal areas namely the Kuiseb delta, the Omaruru delta or Omdel and the desalination plant to supply water to the towns, mines and other smaller points in the vicinity. Schlettwein further revealed that the feasibility study for the construction of a new desalination plant has been completed and shows that an additional desalination plant is viable and needed and a new plant will be constructed through a public-private partnership.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test