The South African Medical Association has expressed concern about the number of student intern doctors that are still not placed. This as the latest figures indicate that 284 medical interns have not yet been placed for the July uptake. The association’s chairperson Dr Angelique Coetzee says the health sector cannot afford to have a situation where interns who are ready to work in resource-strapped institutions are sitting at home, without being placed.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test