Namibia Rugby Union president Corrie Mensah along with fellow board members, collectively tendered their resignations. Their hasty decision to resign was triggered by a planned motion of no confidence in the board by some NRU member clubs. Corrie Mensah said they had decided to resign ‘to safeguard the board’s reputation and rugby in general. Mensah added that by resigning, they are avoiding a similar situation currently engulfing other sports codes, concerning the division in leadership, while if the motion is successful, it could impact Namibia’s participation in international tournaments like 2023 World Cup Qualifiers, the Under-20 Men’s Barthés Tournament participation and other developmental programmes.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho