While it was generally expected that South Africa’s first batch of Covid-19 vaccines would arrive from India on Friday, planespotter forums were abuzz after an unusual charter cargo plane from Mumbai landed at Johannesburg’s OR Tambo Airport on Tuesday morning. News24 reports that according to the operator history on PlanespottersNet, the particular Airbus A330-202, with registration CS-TQP, was reconfigured to carry “Cargo (Covid-19)” in December last year, while Mumbai, where the flight originated, is the nearest big city to the Serum Institute of India.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria