South African Public protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane has been dealt another legal blow as a full bench of the high court in Pretoria has overturned her report that found public enterprises minister Pravin Gordhan had irregularly approved the early retirement of former SA Revenue Service deputy commissioner Ivan Pillay with benefits in 2010. Times Live reports that, finding no wrongdoing, the court set Mkhwebane’s finding aside, dismissed her counter application, and ordered her office to pay the legal costs of the review application.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test