A new UN report reveals that Covid-19 has pushed millions of people into hunger worldwide, and that the pandemic is impacting food security in Africa specifically. According to the report between 720 and 811 million people faced hunger in 2020 which is about 161 million people more than the previous year. Esther Lusepani, the Executive Director in the Ministry of Gender Equality, Poverty Eradication and Social Welfare, says that the situation can be clearly seen here in Namibia.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria