Credit Suisse has secured a lifeline from the Swiss central bank that will see it borrow up to 54 billion dollars to boost liquidity and investor confidence. This, Richard Kimber reports, after a slump in its shares sparked fears about a global financial crisis.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised