In news from South Africa, News24 reports that senior DA leaders and officials in the Western Cape Government turned a blind eye to allegations of former Community Safety MEC Albert Fritz sexually assaulting young female employees for months before acting against him. JP Smith, considered a senior DA leader in the province and mayoral committee member in Cape Town, reportedly said one of Fritz’s alleged victims approached him, and he referred her to Premier Alan Winde and “party processes”. While another source said David Abrahams, head of Fritz’s ministry, already knew about the complaints in August 2021.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera