The death toll from Cyclone Gombe in Mozambique has jumped to 48 with the only access road to the worst-hit area damaged. Cyclone Gombe has affected tens of thousands of people since making landfall last week. At least 3,000 homes have been destroyed, according to reports. The area is still isolated after roads and phone services were damaged, said local officials. The local health center, schools, and crop fields were also destroyed. The country’s relief agency said it will assist the affected families.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho