The Debswana Diamond Company, Botswana’s leading diamond producer, yesterday launched a 4-million-pula textile project, with the goal of empowering small, micro, and medium-sized enterprises in the textile industry. The Textile Accelerator Program arose from a collaboration between Debswana Diamond Company, a 50/50 joint venture between De Beers and Botswanan government, the Local Enterprise Authority, and Tokafala Enterprise Development Program, said Debswana Corporate Center Head of Technical Services Bakani Motlhabani during the launch of the new program in Gaborone, Botswana. The three-way agreement is expected to deliver a noble program aimed at boosting local citizen-owned businesses in the textile manufacturing space, specifically in the production of personal protective equipment (PPE) and uniforms, through capacity building, financial support, and market access opportunities.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops