South Africa’s Special Investigating Unit has obtained a court order to freeze 22-million-rand in bank and investment accounts linked to controversial media company, Digital Vibes. Newsflash reports that the SIU’s spokesperson says they will also approach the Special Tribunal to have the 150-million-rand Covid-19 media campaign contract the Health Department irregularly awarded to Digital Vibes declared unlawful and invalid. The country’s health minister, Zweli Mkhize has been placed on special leave after being implicated in the matter.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test