The Arab and Middle Eastern Journalists Association has called on all news organizations to be mindful of implicit and explicit bias in their coverage of war in Ukraine, saying that they have tracked examples of racist news coverage that ascribes more importance to some victims of war over others. AMEJA condemned and categorically rejected orientalist and racist implications that any population or country is “uncivilized” or bears economic factors that make it worthy of conflict, insisting that newsrooms must not make comparisons that weigh the significance or imply justification of one conflict over another.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho