The Arab and Middle Eastern Journalists Association has called on all news organizations to be mindful of implicit and explicit bias in their coverage of war in Ukraine, saying that they have tracked examples of racist news coverage that ascribes more importance to some victims of war over others. AMEJA condemned and categorically rejected orientalist and racist implications that any population or country is “uncivilized” or bears economic factors that make it worthy of conflict, insisting that newsrooms must not make comparisons that weigh the significance or imply justification of one conflict over another.
- Dr. Hoze Riruako new Ovaherero Paramount Chief
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services