The East African Community Heads of State are set to meet in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi to discuss the deployment of a regional force in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The mineral-rich DRC is struggling to contain dozens of armed groups in the eastern part of the country responsible for the recent violence and mass displacement of people.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised