Chiefs of Defence Forces from the East African Community are in the Democratic Republic of Congo to agree on the initial modalities of establishing a regional force that will assist in the restoration of peace and security in the country. The DRC has continuously been plagued by fighting from local armed groups.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised